Take Advantage of the Alumni Network: Five ways to connect
Use the Alumni Directory
to search by:
- Field of Practice
- Country of Expertise
Student-Alumni Programming During the Academic Year
October and April Professional Development Lunch Workshops
Each October and April, the Office for Alumni Affairs hosts lunch workshops designed to give students the extra edge they need to be successful in your career. We invite alumni back to HSPH to give students insight into additional skills students need in the workplace. Free lunch is provided. Past topics included:
Grant Writing 101.
Grant Writing: Learn how to begin writing a grant proposal; learn how to organize a grant proposal and to streamline the grant writing process; get basic tips for effective grant proposal writing. Open to all students but space is limited to 50.
Maximize the HSPH Alumni Network and Career Resources.
Learn how to search the database of more than 11,000 alumni; learn how to connect with HSPH alumni around the world and in all fields of practice; learn how to use Career Shift in your job search.
Managing Up: Learn how to work successfully with a boss
. Learn how to understand your boss's position in order to avoid difficult situations. Learn how to be a stellar employee and meet or exceed your boss's expectations. Learn the dos and don'ts of managing up.
Public Health Careers in the US Federal Government-Virtual Session
Here from Virginia Hill about public health careers in the federal government, the PMF program, as well as her own career in public service. After completing the PMF program in 2009, Ms. Hill served for two years as a Management Analyst at the NIH Clinical Center. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about the federal government and possible career paths.
Getting Through the Medical Residency
. How do you get through the application process? How do you strengthen your candidacy?
Additional topics include:
- MPH/MD: How to best leverage the MPH degree
- How to start your job search
- Budgeting experience in a managerial position
- Positions in Global Health Organizations
- How to get research grants
- The path to professorship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Career options in Quality Improvement
- From Visa to Green Card - tips for the international student
- How to get through the medical residency process
- Public health from the private sector perspective
- Grant Writing
- Research careers in a not-for-profit health policy foundation
- Crisis management
- Fundraising in a not-for-profit environment
- Life after Post-Doc
- Supervising 101/Managing Teams
- Beyond the Doctorate: Postdocs, Academia, or Industry
- Life after HSPH: Managing Expectations
- Managing Up
- Leading by Influence
- How to run a meeting
- You're an alumnus, now what? Staying involved with HSPH.
- J-Term Job Shadow Program
- Spring Networking Workshop and Reception
- Student Trip to New York City over Spring Break - Date TBD
- Women in Leadership Student-Alumnae Breakfast - Date TBD
- Alumni Council Elections