Alumni Weekend 2014 - Program Set
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE:
October 24 - 25, 2014, HSPH Longwood Campus, Boston, MA
The volunteer planning committee is pleased to announce HSPH Alumni Weekend 2014, Big Data: from numbers to knowledge to action. Save the dates of October 24-25, 2014 to attend on the HSPH campus in Boston.
Registration and ticket information will be available shortly. Please check back for additional details.
The following speakers have been confirmed to present as part of the 2014 Alumni Weekend Program:
- MIT Professor Alex `Sandy' Pentland, Ph.D. Author `Social Physics' (Penguin Press)
- Intermountain Healthcare's Brent James, MD, MStat - Executive Director of the Institute for Health Care Delivery Research.
- Humedica's A.G. Breitenstein, JD, MPH '99 - Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Optum Analytics
- HSPH Professor John Quackenbush- Professor of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Department of Biostatistics
Our program will include opportunities for networking, social time and a day long symposium exploring four areas where Big Data will have an enormous impact on the future of Public Health:
- Big data's role in advancing basic science,
- Epidemiology in the age of big data,
- Running a large healthcare provider organization in the age of big data, and
- The Government and big data.
During Alumni Weekend, we will also be celebrating this year's HSPH Alumni Award recipients. For more information regarding previous Alumni Award winners, please visit our past honorees page